The Village Hall was built in 1911 as the local “Reading Room” and it has been used by generations of villagers for a host of different purposes. The RVH is centrally located on the High Street in Ravensthorpe, NN6 8EH. We are five and a half miles from the M1 J19, seven and a half miles from the A14 J1 and ten miles from Northampton.
The Management Group are all local volunteers and currently have the following goals.
- To provide all the residents of Ravensthorpe, Coton and villages nearby with a versatile community building for multiple purposes that is attractive, well equipped, efficient and safe.
- The RVH aims to be the focal point of the community, making available a wide variety of different activities for all.
- We aim to maximise hall usage to generate rising income for future investment and when possible, support other local causes.
In 2011, a major refurbishment was completed to bring all facilities up to date and to modernise and insulate the building. Since then we have carried out further improvements:
- The installation of a Solar Energy project that will reduce our energy costs over a 20 year period.
- Ultra-fast, Full-Fibre Broadband has been installed and is freely available to all users.
- Smart Heating has been installed to maximise comfort when the hall is in use, while controlling it remotely.
- The RVH is fully equipped for Cinema & Audio Visual presentations.
- An essential store extension was completed in 2018.
- A 54 Square metre, South Facing terrace was completed in 2020.
- A 32 Square metre marquee is available for use on the terrace.
More improvements are scheduled in the future.
Join our mailing list
Keep up to date with all events at the RVH by signing up to our emails, and unsubscribe at any time. No personal information is ever passed to a 3rd party.
So we know you’re a real person, please add the numbers together and input the answer prior to clicking the submit button.