The Village Hall was built in 1911 as the local “Reading Room” and it has been used by generations of villagers for a host of different purposes. The RVH is centrally located on the High Street in Ravensthorpe, NN6 8EH. We are five and a half miles from the M1 J19, seven and a half miles from the A14 J1 and ten miles from Northampton.
The Management Group are all local volunteers and currently have the following goals.
- To provide all the residents of Ravensthorpe, Coton and villages nearby with a versatile community building for multiple purposes that is attractive, well equipped, efficient and safe.
- The RVH aims to be the focal point of the community, making available a wide variety of different activities for all.
- We aim to maximise hall usage to generate rising income for future investment and when possible, support other local charities.
In 2011, a major refurbishment was completed to bring all facilities up to date and to modernise and insulate the building. Since then we have carried out further improvements:
- The installation of a Solar Energy project that will reduce our energy costs over a 20 year period.
- High-speed Broadband has been installed and is freely available to all users.
- Smart Heating has been installed to maximise comfort when the hall is in use, while controlling it remotely.
- The RVH is fully equipped for Cinema & Audio Visual presentations.
- An essential store extension was completed in 2018.
- A 54 Square metre terrace was completed in 2020.
More improvements are scheduled in the future.